Friday, February 24, 2012

Incredible Auction Redline Find


This was a surprise when I found this. I went to an auction and saw this box with some old Hot Wheels in it. A couple were Redlines (Alive 55 and Fire Eater) some Superfast Matchboxes, 1970's Tonka and so on. Too many to search through completely so I figured that I would go for it. Of corse I won. I took the box home and started going through it and man was I surprised. As I dug deeper I kept finding more treasures. More Redlines like a near mint Gun Slinger and Sidekick. And then this popped up. One of the Holy Grails of collectors. The rare tampo bug. It's not perfect but for being played with it is in very good shape. To the naked eye it looks great but when you add a camera flash to it you see the chips in more detail. Anyway I myself have always wanted to see this up close and personal and now I have one. This is better than finding a Super Treasure Hunt. Made my day. Oh and by the way I'm not saying what I paid for the lot because I don't want people jumping off any bridges. Until next time, Keep on Hunting


No comments:

Post a Comment